Diagram Industries offer training for teams interested in enhancing their testability. Testability is critical to the success of teams transitioning to a “you build it, you run it” culture or organisations looking to improve flow of value.
We often talk about how testing is for the whole team. Quality is everyone’s responsibility. How much are we really doing to make this happen? Often, we are working on systems that are hard to test for many reasons, but if we simply do more testing, write more automation we are neglecting what should be our main mission, advocating for increasing levels of testability, to truly get everyone involved in testing. This training aims to create a new focus on testability, as it affects everything we do and how value is delivered for customers.
- Detecting and diagnosing the symptoms of hard to test systems.
- Creating a shared vision of the application architecture to build consensus on hard to test areas.
- Selecting the right testability improvements based on context.
- Maintaining a focus on testability using story kick off sessions, retrospectives and incident post mortems
- Building testability into new applications and components within existing systems.
Is the Team Driven Testability training right for me?
- Yes, if you are in a technical lead role who would like to establish a whole team testing culture.
- Yes, if you are a solution architect who wants to deliver solutions with high levels of resilience, capacity and observability.
- Yes, if you are a developer who wishes to ship well tested, reliable code often and receive regular feedback from users.
- Yes, if you are a skilled exploratory tester who wants to work on systems which can be explored and observed deeply, looking for risk and threats to value.
- Yes, if you are a test automation engineer who would like their application to be much more controllable.
- Yes, if you are a performance engineer or a site reliability engineer who wishes to be able to quickly understand and test distributed systems.
What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- The common symptoms of poor testability
- The principles of architectural testability
- Challenges of retrofitting testability to existing applications
- Where opportunities are for enhancing testability for new and existing applications
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Performing team assessments of testability
- Participating in incident post mortems with a testability mindset
- Retrospective techniques to maintain a testability focus
You will develop the skills to:
- Coach your team to improve the testability of their application
- Foster better relationships with your dependent teams
- Choose testability improvements based on context and value